Power Hub VPP demonstrations day: presentations
The Power Hub VPP demonstrations day, a key dissemination event within DEMO 2 lead by DONG, has been held in Copenhagen on the 24th January 2013.
The objective of the workshop was to present the full potential of the Virtual Power Plant technology. The future energy system must be able to control energy consumption in way that, firstly, satisfies the primary purpose of consumption, e.g. producing vegetables, pumping water or cooling office buildings etc., and, secondly, takes energy prices and the availability of clean renewable energy in the system into account. This is what the VPP does – planning energy generation and consumption in the most economical way feasible.
The workshop started with the welcome speech from Evert den Boer (Senior Vice President from DONG Energy). This was followed by Twenties Demo 2 lead, Mr. Anders Birke (DONG Energy), who presented the program for the day. He was followed by several presentations that can be downloaded through the following links:
“The challenges of integrating large amounts of renewable energy production”
- German perspectives on future energy system challenges by photovoltaic by Frank Marten (Fraunhofer IWES).
- Irish perspektives on future energy system challenges by Jon O'Sullivan (EirGrid).
- Danish perspektives on future energy system challenges by Søren Dupont Kristensen (Energinet.dk).
- Introduction to Power Hub by Ivan K Pedersen (DONG Energy).
- Experiences from taking part in Power Hub (Tange hydro power plant) by Rasmus L. Christensen (Director of Tange Power Plant).
- Experiences from taking part in Power Hub (Furesø Water Company case) by Bo Bartelt (Krüger).
- Experiences from taking part in Power Hub (Novo Nordisk CHP case) by Andreas Bjerre (DONG Energy).
“Live demonstrations of capabilities in Power Hub”
- Where to find and how to exploit power flexibility by Andreas Bjerre (DONG Energy).
- How to build a VPP solution by Nicolai D. Rasmussen & Mads Jacobsen (DONG Energy).
- Delivering ancillary services from a VPP by Kristian Edlund (DONG Energy).
- New types of VPP services from DER, Reactive Power and voltage support by Peter Vinter (DONG Energy).
- Solutions for small power systems by Terji Nielsen, SEV & Anders Birke (DONG Energy).
- Wind Power as an active player in the power system by Simon Børresen (DONG Energy) & Philip Kjær (Vestas).
- Intelligent EV charging by Mikkel Westenholz (Better Place) & Jonas Maltha Rasmussen (DONG Energy).
- Twenties, EU's largest R&D project to integrate more wind power by José Luis Mata (Red Eléctrica de España).
- Global outlook on the perspectives of technologies like Power Hub by Larry Cochrane (Microsoft WW Power & Utilities).
- The commercial perspectives for Power Hub by Evert den Boer (DONG Energy).